$2.00
Gregory McCoy
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

How to use input mapper without the input mapper?

3 years 6 months ago #1 by Mo
What I mean in the title is that I don't want to see XBox controls in my game since every game I play already has native DS4 support. What I want to be able to do is just be able to make it so that i can stll use the touchpad on my DS4 without seeing XBox controls in all my games. I disabled the actual XBox controls in the settings but that rendered the controller useless except for the touch pad and now I can't even use my controller upon closing the program. So I'm hoping someone could point me in the direction on how to do this without just having to use XBox buttons in my games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Due to the manner in which application are allowed to connect to hardware, this is only possible via USB and by disabling the emulation setting.

3 years 6 months ago #3 by Mo

Wobbles wrote: Due to the manner in which application are allowed to connect to hardware, this is only possible via USB and by disabling the emulation setting.

So since that's the case I went ahead and uninstalled the program, but now I just can't use the controller with my PC, even though the program is uninstalled and the controller is still connected.

3 years 6 months ago #4 by Wobbles
Not all games support DS4. What game are you trying.

3 years 6 months ago #5 by Mo
Just Rocket League, which worked before I installed the program

3 years 6 months ago #6 by Wobbles
Did you use DS4Windows or DS4Tool or SCP Server? Sounds like you swapped your ds4 drivers at some point.

3 years 6 months ago #7 by Wobbles
Did you use DS4Windows or DS4Tool or SCP Server? Sounds like you swapped your ds4 drivers at some point.

3 years 6 months ago #8 by Mo
Nope I had just installed input mapper, right after getting my controller. I've tried DS4 windows now to see if that does anything but I'll probably just not use any program for now.

3 years 6 months ago #9 by Wobbles
Ur using USB right?

3 years 6 months ago #10 by Mo
No I was connected to bluetooth. Using USB did alleviate my problem though, I'd just prefer wireless but if USB is my only option than so be it.