$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

can't solve drift problem

3 years 9 months ago #1 by supergamer
I've used this in the past, but i don't remember much.
windows 8.1, 64, ds4 controller

everything is fine when i use the default profile, which uses the dpad and all that.
when i start customizing it for use as a mouse and on windows in general, then the mouse starts drifting immediately. i can't figure out which button it is. when i assign arrow keys for the dpad, and the mouse for the lstick, it drifts.

if i set the deadzone to anything, it doesn't affect the drift at all. still the same.
i don't think it's the mouse on the lstick because when i don't assign mouse to anything, it still drifts.
it's also not the touchpad, because it still drifts when disabled.
it's the dpad with arrow keys assigned, but I'm not sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #2 by Wobbles
when you set the deadzone remember to save the profile and assign the profile to the controller.

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #3 by supergamer
thanks.
i have it on auto-sense.
If i change the deadzone setting and save, without exiting the mapping area, then move the mouse over to the app for auto-sense detection, it will get the latest changes, right? in other words, after saving, i don't actually have to exit the mapping and manually assign the profile to see if the changes are working?
this is how i test the controller...i leave the mapping open and change the settings.

3 years 9 months ago #4 by supergamer
i think your comment resolve the issue, thank you.

i had a couple of problems. at first i mapped the mouse movement left/right buttons thinking they were left click, right click, lol. but the deadzone and saving was the issue ultimately. i was changing the deadzone without saving.