$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.25

Cursor scrolling after mapping left dialogue stick

3 years 4 months ago #1 by Nick
Everything was working fine, and then I mapped the left dialogue stick as mouse, and then the mouse started scrolling to sides indefintely. Any suggestions, I don't have anyother problems.
Important info I also have a bluetooth mouse connected but even when I turn it off, the controller still has the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #2 by Wobbles
add deadzone

3 years 4 months ago #3 by Chris Lance
Well, I put curve 100%, deadzone 0% but sometimes the mouse cursor starts auto moving left.

It also seems to go left and up extremely fast too.

3 years 4 months ago #4 by Wobbles
You either didn't save the profile, didn't assign the profile, or added dead zone tot he wrong axes. And 100% means the stick will become completely unresponsive, because it is 100% deadzone...

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #5 by Chris Lance

Wobbles wrote: You either didn't save the profile, didn't assign the profile, or added dead zone tot he wrong axes. And 100% means the stick will become completely unresponsive, because it is 100% deadzone...

100% curve not deadzone lol.

Right stick - 100% curve, 0% deadzone, and 20% sensitivity

I know how to save the profiles and all, but it still auto goes left and very fast goes left & up when you move those ways with right stick set as mouse.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #6 by wirenut48
you need to add a deadzone to stop the movement as the centering springs don't always center properly, 5% usually works fine.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #7 by Chris Lance

wirenut48 wrote: you need to add a deadzone to stop the movement as the centering springs don't always center properly, 5% usually works fine.

That didn't work, but I switched the mouse to the left side and no more auto to the left.

I'm happy now lol.

3 years 4 months ago #8 by Wobbles
Its deadzone, make sure you add DEADZONE, curves and such have no effect.

3 years 4 months ago #9 by Chris Lance

Chris Lance wrote:

wirenut48 wrote: you need to add a deadzone to stop the movement as the centering springs don't always center properly, 5% usually works fine.

That didn't work, but I switched the mouse to the left side and no more auto to the left.

I'm happy now lol.

Well, damn tried using the left side, but its pretty much impossible for me to use it like that.

Switched back to the right side and it still auto goes left. This sucks with no solutions. Also my controller is brand new.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #10 by wirenut48
What's your deadzone setting? Does Xinput test show the stick at 0.0 axis? You need to increase the deadzone until the movement stops, also may need to calibrate your controller.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10