$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

Brutal Legend Movement

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1 by vidsgame
Having trouble moving in Brutal Legend with left analog stick. I can move with the d-pad but when I'm mapping wsad to the left analog stick and trying to move with it, the character just stands still. Other mapped keys to the controller work especially the mouse and the keys I have tried the other keys that are mapped to the controller, [enter] and [e] work just fine, so I doubt it is scancode/kb causing the issue. So far I have tried without exclusive mode with wireless controller emulation. It does detect the key when I am remapping the keys in game via the options menu after repeatedly pressing the analog stick in the same direction with full force. I.e. pressing up repeatedly and aggressively.

Application Log:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Virtual Bus Log

Preparing to load DIFxAPI
Running as 64-Bit process
DIFxAPI path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\DIFxApi\amd64\DIFxAPI.dll
Loaded library: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\DIFxApi\amd64\DIFxAPI.dll
ScpVBus.inf path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\ScpVBus\ScpVBus.inf
Virtual Bus Created
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\InputMapper\Virtual Bus Driver\ScpVBus\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_amd64_neutral_21ca245c0e23d7a5\scpvbus.inf".
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
DIFXAPI_SUCCESS: 0 RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 Installation was successful.
DIFXAPI_SUCCESS: 0 Install completed
DIFXAPI_INFO: 0 RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)

OS

Windows 7 Home Premium version 6.1 build 7106 service pack 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #2 by wirenut48
make sure you don't have the deadzone set to 100%

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: vidsgame

3 years 5 months ago #3 by Wobbles
left stick tuning needs to be at default settings, also some games just dont like the fact that mapping kets to a stick confuses the game with what it thinks are 2 inputs at t the same time
The following user(s) said Thank You: vidsgame

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #4 by vidsgame
wirenut48 - Thank you, I will play with deadzone. I have the deadzone set currently at 5% for the right analog stick and set the stick to control mouse movement, which works just fine for Brutal Legend's camera movement and I will have to double check on the left stick but I think deadzone is at 0% for left. These settings worked with Witcher 1 and 2, so I duplicated the profiles and remapped everything but the analog sticks for Brutal Legend.

Wobbles - Thank you for clearing this up. It makes a lot of sense. I was also having trouble mapping in Saints Row 2 and in case anyone searches for that game here I want to say that it also has problems with manual mapping, I found success in using the "Auto-Sense" profile setting. Keep up the brilliant job with InputMapper. This program is amazing.

I will play with the deadzone and see whether that helps and then I'll change the left stick to default and see whether that works.