$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$30.00
Average donation
$3.44

DS4 wont connect exclusively on windows 10

5 months 15 hours ago - 5 months 15 hours ago #1 by alzahhar
It wont run over BT or USB, even after running the exclusive mode tool, after doing what you have said in the video and closed all programs that (i know of) may connect to my DS4, it still wont connect exclusively. It used to in the past but even then I still had issues every now and then.

Here are the applications currently running, I don't know what half of them do and I wish I can shut them all but I live in fear that one of them may be important.

i.gyazo.com/63e0dfd410e63a9041f361ae3c1d9be1.png

i.gyazo.com/3fa3c208f9d62b8b4aaf9946b40d92ca.png

i.gyazo.com/a18d2ce40b481b4f71a3950a48916ed5.png

Running windows 10, version 1607, OS build: 14393.693

Application log:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Virtual bus log:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I've started gaming on PC 4 months ago, I am not the most advanced user but I know my way around.
Hope you can help me "D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Robert
It was doing that to me when I first installed. What fixed it for me was to uninstall it, and then right click on the installer and choose to run as administrator. After I installed it that way, everything worked perfectly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wobbles

4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #3 by Robert
OK, so after a couple of days it started doing this again. Only when connecting with bluetooth though. With USB, it was fine.

Turns out it was because my phone was paired with the bluetooth as well, even though the phone wasn't connected. Once I unpaired the phone from the computer, it worked great.

2 months 3 weeks ago #4 by yuureinoou
It work for me too. My DS4 run in exclusive mode in USB but unable in BT. Tried all thing like exclusivemodetools.exe, disable/enable device, end task explorer.exe, and run as administrator but failed.

Try unpairing my phone in BT setting, and it works flawlessly. Now DS4 run exclusive in both BT and USB.
Maybe because windows try to stream audio from any device run in BT? Because first time I try my BT dongle and try to connect it with my phone, it automatically stream audio from my music app.

2 months 2 weeks ago #5 by rubejb
I spent many hours on and off trying to get exclusive mode to work with Windows 10. I disabled every device and program I felt safe doing so and couldn't get it to work.

Then I bought one of the official Sony DS4 Dongles and it just worked! I hooked up the dongle, synced my controller and restarted my computer. Ran IM 1.6 and it finally came up as exclusive, without any need to tinker.

Best Buy had the starter kit with a dongle and a new style DS4 on sale recently, so if you're looking to get one, check it out. The only downside with the dongle is that it only allows one controller connected to it at a time.