$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

Correctly Mapping/Calibrating Gyro Y to RightStickY

2 years 8 months ago #1 by Combat Chris
I'm having difficulty mapping Gyro Y to control RightStickY. The real-world angle of the DS4 necessary to engage the RightStickY is too extreme. Perhaps I don't understand the drop-down menu options for sixaxis or the Axis Tuning capabilities.

My goal is to be able to slightly tilt the DS4 forwards or backwards in order to control the camera in Rocket League. Any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #2 by wirenut48
I wasn't able to get grips with how the Gyros work either. Once had a profile for using the controller as a steering wheel that Wobbles helped me out with. You need a combination of two gyro axis to get a true Y or X movement.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

2 years 8 months ago #3 by Wobbles
The math in the gyros for 1.7 is a littme easier to make mappings possible, the trick is the Y gyro maps changes in X and Z, X maps changes in Y and Z, Z maps changes in X and Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Combat Chris