Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.50

How to Totally Disable Exclusive Mode in InputMapper 1.6.10 on Win 10 AU

2 years 11 months ago #1 by kuasha420
Hey there!

I'm switching From DS4Windows to InputMapper to get the Rainbow effect on non-charging state. It's working as expected.

Problem is, I don't want or need Exclusive mode. So I've disabled it in Settings (By Unchecking the relevant box).

But it still tries to activate the controller in exclusive mode and fails on BT Mode every time, and throws like a few warning notifications and I have to press PS button multiple times to get the controller working in normal mode.

So, can I actually disable all of exclusive mode and just run the controller in shared mode in first try without having to wait for Exclusive Tool to run, and reconnect my controller?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

InputMapper 1.6.10 / Windows 10 AU amd64
The topic has been locked.
2 years 11 months ago #2 by Wobbles
Its a bug in 1.6, certain conditions can throw it into a short loop. A better way is in the works for 1.7
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #3 by czerro
I was just going to report this. You can actually fix this, but it takes alot of tinkering. I think the proper way to get this working is to pair the controller to the bluetooth device before installing Inputmapper. Depending on the bluetooth dongle or internal adapter, this might not be possible. If this is the case, you kinda gotta jump through a couple hoops.

Install Inputmapper with dongle/onboard bluetooth activated and DS4 plugged in and on. Once you run Inputmapper, you will get a ton of alerts and errors involving the bluetooth connection, battery low messages, and exclusive mode failures. This is where you actually want to be at this point. Do not unplug controller. Reset controller (10 seconds on pin under left bumper) and afterwords attempt to initiate a pairing. The BT device will acknowledge, but the controller will fail. Again, this is fine. Your controller is probably exhibiting weird behavior at this point. It does not appear to be charging.

Uninstall Inputmapper and reboot.

Install Inputmapper. Initiate a pairing again, voila.

Post: Something seems to be interrupting the pairing process from within the controller. Once Inputmapper installs, you can't force this process again, but going through this process first makes the controller aware of the pairing and the BT adapter aware of the ID of the controller when you reinstall.

Edit: This procedure works for me on 1.6.10 with DS4 Wireless Adapter on W10.
2 years 10 months ago #4 by Mysteoa
Strangely, I don't have any problems with 1.6 on Win 10 AU or exclusive mod or using a BT. I have been using it for a while. Only problem I have is that it will crash I start MSI afterburner,