Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$5.33

Exclusive Mode - PS4 Version 2 Controller Problems

1 year 4 months ago #1 by Zaazu
Hi,

I submitted a support ticket, but I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting exclusive mode to work with the new version 2 PS4 controllers?

Exclusive mode with HID Guardian works perfectly fine on the older generation Version 1 controllers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #2 by Jon
I second this motion.

Have tried to whole "closing Steam, Uplay. Go to Device Manager disable, enable & restart app" thing... Doesn't work. Help PLZ

I mean, this is old news, I'm talking 90's. This should've been done a long time ago. Why are we still having issues? Is there some legit proprietary software somewhere that I missed, instead of this Input Mapper?? What does this guy need to get this IM on lock? More money? Fuck donations dude this IM is worth money. A monthly subscription for instance (with discounted annual subscriptions of course:). And people will pay it (If there's nothing better out there). Don't see it needing to cost more than Netflix or PS Plus subscription but I'd be willing to give you $60 annually for flawless functionality, features, less headaches, less bugs and inconveniences. Even with a modest 1,000 subscribers that's obviously $60,000/YR, which isn't bad for the IM Guy.

1 year 3 months ago #3 by Lumbeechief1212
Hello I'm having the same problem. I created a thread on the forums for DS4Windows with the same issue forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-J2K?pid=571001#pid571001
scroll down to the post by "Lumbeeslayer"

1 year 3 months ago #4 by MoarDanFor
Agreed, works fine with original DS4 but never works for DS4 pros.

1 year 3 months ago #5 by Zaazu
Glad it's not just me at least. Hopefully something can be done about this.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #6 by Mordecai
I have no issue using the DS4 v2 (with the small light bar on front) in exclusive mode. Even with Steam open it worked flawlessly in the game Dead Cells. (I have all controller support stuff OFF in steam, however.)

EDIT: Using Windows 7 64-bit on a dual-boot Win7/10 machine. Haven't tested Windows 10, but after searching "HID Guardian", it seems the people reporting issues are likely running Windows 10.

1 year 2 months ago #7 by Jackal
Aah finally some people with the same issues - I second the first comment that I would be happy to pay for a flawless product.

Jackal6681
Hes not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

1 year 2 months ago #8 by Zaazu
inputmapper.com/support?view=ticket&layout=view&ticketid=210

Wobbles closed the ticket with the comment "See nefarious's documentation for how to add devices to hid guardian, this is not a bug."

Will be trying this later and post back the results.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #9 by Jackal
Great job Zaazu - let us know pls

I looked and cannot find the documentation explaining how to fix this in Nefarouius posts....hopefully you found it and can point it out to us

Jackal6681
Hes not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

1 year 2 months ago #10 by MoarDanFor
Same. May be worth submitting more tickets to get the link. The more people with the same issue the more likely it'll be looked into :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackal