$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

I'm really surprised this isn't topic isn't a sticky

2 years 10 months ago #1 by MoarDanFor
Hello world, so i used to use a DS4 via bluetooth on my basic dell laptop and never had any issues.
I built my first PC this weekend and got a 20$ bluetooth dongle, but occasionally i get a windows notification that the latency has increased significantly and the controller responsiveness becomes sticky or non responsive. I'm even the same distance that I usually am from the machine so I'm wondering if some sort of bluetooth card is recommended for decent gaming?
Laptop is Win8.1 and PC is Win10 if that makes a difference

Thanks for the input!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #2 by Mordecai
A $5 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR adapter will work fine. That's what I use for my DS4. You may have some kind of interference going on, bluetooth can be a fickle beast.

You should use the topic name to describe your problem, and not try and make some generalized statement in it, btw. Titlegore.

2 years 8 months ago #3 by MoarDanFor
haha, the title is true though, anyway

The 4.1 bluetooth dongle wasn't cutting it for me. Once I started using a wifi/bluetooth card with antenna for my pc things started working better. I learned that my sound bar and samsung tv have bluetooth on all the time that I can't turn off, so maybe i have more interference than usual.

I'm curious, do you have some other bluetooth stuff going as well? My impression from browsing the forums is that most ppl are sitting right next to their pc when they use their BT controller, which defeats the purpose for me