$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$5.33

How to Get Exclusive Mode Working Including 2nd Gen controllers

11 months 2 days ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1 by wirenut48
I've consolidated instructions with Info gathered from various posts to make this easier. Tested on all versions of IM with both Versions of the DS4, using USB, BT, and the Sony dongle. If you have a Version 2 Controller(the one with the light bar window in the track pad), you can try step two first if all you need are the added registry entries (If it still doesn't work start with step 1). Troubleshooting tips at bottom(Section 3).

IMPORTANT
Seems after major Windows Version updates HIDGuardian gets disabled, but a uninstall/reinstall fixes it.
Posted by Wobbles here in this topic. Re-initialize the drivers and services by opening a elevated (as admin) command prompt, navigate to the install directory of the input mapper cerberus whitelister and run "driverhelper --uninstall" then "driverhelper --install".

1) To make sure you have a proper working version you need to uninstall HIDGuardian if it's already installed. Use method above or Uninstall from Apps and Features (previously known as Add and Remove Programs) to remove the directory and driver. A system reboot is prompted after this step to uninstall driver.

Install the version of HIDGuardian listed here at this site under downloads/tools. Reboot after install to load driver and service. Does work with Win 7.
inputmapper.com/downloads/download/5-too...utmapper-hidguardian

2) If your using Version 2 DS4 controller you'll need to edit the AffectedDevices registry value via regedit to add the controller's ID's so HidGuardian can hide the controller. This gets reset with a uninstall of HIDGuardian from step 1.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidGuardian\Parameters\AffectedDevices

Here are the lines that should be used for a version 2 controller. The first 3 lines are for a USB connection and the 4th is for a BT connection. Double click AffectedDevices then copy and paste the four lines below to the end of the AffectedDevices List.

HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&REV_0100&MI_03
HID\VID_054C&PID_09CC&MI_03
HID\VID_054C&UP:0001_U:0005
HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_VID&0002054C_PID&09CC

3) Check that HIDGuardian Virtual Device, SCP Virtual Bus Driver(IM v1.6)* and/or Virtual Gamepad Emulation Bus(IM v1.7) are listed in Device Manager\System Devices. Those are the drivers you need installed for IM and Guardian. Also check in the Task Manager under Services and make sure Inputmapper Cerberus Whitelister is running, this is needed for the DS4 to show up in IM with HIDGuardian or no controller will be present. Inputmapper Cerberus Whitelister service is installed with the above version of HIDGuardian.

* If the SCP driver is not present you can manually install it by running the setup from the IM install directory and reboot.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Demon King, Bismarck, pic0o, Pelle Tsichlis, Ronny Bryant, GhostOps21, pathetic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 2 weeks ago #2 by John
Can you tell me how to get a Xbox 360 usb controller to work with bluestacks...ty

9 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #3 by wirenut48
I believe the only way is to use the 1.7 nightly build and install the ViGEm drivers. I think they will work with a 360 so you can use InputMapper for remapping (after trying this, it seems that it outputs the 360 as a DS4). At this time 1.7 only has button remapping, no keyboard or mouse yet. I don't have a 360 to test, but Initially IM was for the DS4 to play as a 360. Plans are to support all controllers plus other electronic devices. Check out some of his check-in videos under chit-chat.

inputmapper.com/forum/general-chit-chat/...im-1-7-nightly-build

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

9 months 1 week ago #4 by sikshots
is there anyway to just hide my ds4 from a certain program? I play with left hand controller, right hand mouse, and it causes issues in alot of games. i want to use my steam desktop config on Fortnite because it allows for easy to program chording and such. but since Fortnite has set controller settings for ds4 and xbox, and no way to lock pc ui like overwatch has, it keeps switching back and forth. if i could block fortnite from recognizing i have a ds4, but allow steam to see the ds4 that would be optimal for me. is there anyway to use HIDGaurdian for this purpose? i have been working with this problem for months now and connot seem to nail the issue.

9 months 1 week ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #5 by wirenut48
I don't have any idea if that is possible or not, but kinda doubt it. I believe how it works is that Guardian hides the DS4 from the system as a controller. Then the Program or Guardian has to be configured to use it, that's the part I'm not sure of.

8 months 1 week ago #6 by okaydude
Is there a version of HIDGuardian for Windows 7? The download says 10 only

8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #7 by wirenut48
It would still give it a try, I don't know how to install HIDGuardian any other way. You can always uninstall it if it doesn't work, but don't know why it wouldn't.
Let us know if it works.

8 months 1 week ago #8 by okaydude
Yeah it seems to work fine, thank you

7 months 4 weeks ago #9 by KuroNeo
I just did step 2 with the 2nd gen Dualshock 4. It did detect a 360 controller but now my PC doesn't seem to detect a usb connection from my controller. I don't see the generic "Wireless Controller" name or 360 controller show up in the USB game controllers list. IM doesn't detect the usb connection either, bluetooth doesn't work as well.

7 months 4 weeks ago #10 by a g
I am having the same issue as KuroNeo. Additionally I do not see Inputmapper Cerberus Whitelister under services in task manager. Please help.