$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$500.00
Average donation
$19.97

HidGuardian hides controller from IM?

1 year 4 months ago #1 by NightCrow
Hello, everybody. After experiencing some issues with the latest update to this date (Win10 Version 1803) with the - as I discovered - outdated DS4Windows, I have tried switching to InputMapper.
Everything worked, except for the infamous Exclusive Mode. Sadly, I need it to play some of the games I want to play. So I tried installing HidGuardian and, much to my dismay, it seems to prevent InputMapper from finding controllers in the first place!

My controller is a DS4 V1. I have tried clean installing both HG and IM multiple times, to no avail. Everything just stops working after I install HG.

I'm not sure I know how to handle it right. For the time being, there is just about everything installed and waiting for someone to guide me through. Cerberus Whitelister seems to throw an error anytime I try to run it, even if it looks like it has everything it needs.

I'll provide any log to be requested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #2 by NightCrow
CerberusWhitelister's service was mysteriously stopped. Getting it running again seems to have fixed the issue completely (even Exclusive Mode works). I will keep you updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.