$10.00
Benjamin
$2.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$10.00
Average donation
$3.44

Internal Bluetooth on Surface3 worse than Sony dongle?

1 year 4 months ago #1 by Thelgow
I had bought the DS4 w/ Usb bluetooth dongle. On my desktop this works fine, but recently I wanted to try it on a Surface 3 I have.
Sadly it seems I get yellow/red connections using the internal. I find it odd since it seems the Surface has a newer built in version, 4.0 if I recall and DS4 needs 2.1.
It just looks odd having the usb adapter stick out the side when theres internal support.
Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #2 by wirenut48
The DS4 is really finicky about the Chipset of the Adapter. Broadcom chipsets are about the only ones that are reliable. The Toshiba and CSR are the ones people have had problems with working.

Getting an external BT would probably be the better choice if you are looking for something to leave plugged in. I can't figure out why the Sony dongle has to be so long. I'm always worried about breaking it off, though it does work really well.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 4 months ago #3 by Thelgow

wirenut48 wrote: I can't figure out why the Sony dongle has to be so long. I'm always worried about breaking it off, though it does work really well.

Exactly my issue. I wanted to leave it in my desktop lets say, but poking out like that someones bound to rub against it and crack it. And my previous case somehow did get the usb in the front broken in some similar fashion, so I know it's a possibility.