Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$2.21

Opening up InputMapper turns off my controller instantly

1 year 3 months ago #1 by Davide Leonardo
I followed every step in this tutorial
, so i turned on the controller's bluetooth my pressing share and the PS button together, paired it with the computer's bluetooth and opened InputMapper (1.6.10.19991). I minimized it and started playing without any cable, the controller's light was yellow, no problem whatsoever.

When i turned on the computer again and followed the exact same steps, a problem came up. I'm able to pair the controller with my computer, but as soon as i open InputMapper the controller turns off. I tried again with the program already open, and it lasts about a second or two more, but then it turns off anyway.

Any advice? Thank you guys for your time anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #2 by wirenut48
It should stay paired with the PC after reboot. What is the brand of the BT chipset? I have a feeling it may be the problem. The Broadcom chipsets are recommended, any others are known to have issues. If that is the case you may need to disable the onboard BT and get a USB BT dongle.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.