Server, CDN, Network, Licensing
Development Budget
Developers Beer Fund
Recent:
Carlo
$5.00
m3rlinsbart
$2.00
Thank you - works great with Pokemon Desmume Emulator!
Katie
$2.00
CodemasterRob
$2.00
Daniel H
$5.00
Number of donations
Highest donation
$50.00
Average donation
$7.23

controller interferes with windows 10 apps/setting input

1 year 4 months ago #1 by An Average Aspie
2nd gen model. When I connect the controller and go through windows settings or any pre installed windows apps like xbox dvr or even photos. It automatically scrolls or puts in additional inputs to make browsing through them a floaty or impossible experience until I disconnect the controller, comes back after I reconnect. disable mouse pad and didn't work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #2 by wirenut48
I had this problem and ended up being a third party usb driver my infrared receiver installed called libusb. Switched to a different receiver that used the default windows usb driver and haven't had any issues since. Search your windows folder to see if any of those drivers are present. If they are you then need to look at the properties of your usb devices in the device manager to see which one is using them. From there you will have to determine what you want or can do.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 4 months ago #3 by An Average Aspie
I'm using my motherboard Bluetooth antenna and I'm confused on where to look
Attachments:

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #4 by wirenut48
From where you are at in that pic type libusb* in the search box at the top right. They should be in the system32\drivers folder. If they are there you will have to think of what USB device you installed that would need those drivers. For me it was software drivers for my IR receiver for my remote. When I checked the properties for that device it showed libusbk.sys listed as the driver. Somehow after running input mapper it messed up my mouse connected via USB dongle. It's been reported that those USB drivers are incompatible with IM. I believe they are poorly written and do not work well with other drivers.

You will have to decide if you really need that device or if you can get it to work without those drivers.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 4 months ago #5 by An Average Aspie
typed it in and looked up system 32. no libusb. For USB if found system files called:

USBHUB3
usbscan
USBCAMD2
usb8023
UsbPmApi
USBSTOR
USBXHCI
UsbNcm
usbcir
usbaudio2
usbprint
usbser
usbohci

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #6 by wirenut48
Good you don't have those drivers, but it does look like you have several other third party drivers installed. It will be near impossible to track down what's causing your issues since it's system dependant. But I would still bet that it is an issue with a USB driver not playing well with IM.

The new version of IM I hope will help with some of these issues.