Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$2.21

Input mapper 1.6.10 disables my wireless controller once opened

1 year 2 months ago #1 by Digga
Hi there,

Would like to know if anybody else had this problem or still has. As following....
I have no troubles connecting the DS 4 v2 controller via Bluetooth to my PC, the controller is shown as detected and connected.
As it was always and usual.

But, as soon as I open the Input mapper, or better said 2-3 seconds later, the controller gets disconnected from the bluetooth!?
I´ve tried everything within the IM, the control panel etc. but the problem remains.

If I plug the controller via USB cable to my PC, input mapper has no issues - controller gets detected and I can use it.

So there must be a problem within the Input mapper application in connection with bluetooth....

Any help, suggestions, solutions would be very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #2 by wirenut48
The problem isn't with IM. Someone else posted having problems following an update, I'm assuming Steam since they just had a big update. I wonder if they changed their controller support in a way it's stealing control from IM. I would check steams settings and disable all controller support.

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

1 year 2 months ago #3 by Digga

wirenut48 wrote: The problem isn't with IM. Someone else posted having problems following an update, I'm assuming Steam since they just had a big update. I wonder if they changed their controller support in a way it's stealing control from IM. I would check steams settings and disable all controller support.

I am sorry, but it seems you haven´t even read my post properly. It has nothing to do with steam....Steam is not even running when I am trying IM to recognize the controller.

Besides that, I also wrote that when connecting the DS 4 via USB cable, everything is functioning normally - IM detects the controller and I can use it on steam, origin, uplay etc.
ONLY when the DS 4 is connected via bluetooth, it gets immediately disconnected once I open IM!

There must be some sort of malfunction between IM and bluetooth