Number of donations
Highest donation
$5.00
Average donation
$3.00

Souls Franchise not recognizing my controler

3 years 9 months ago #1 by Ash
Hi

I have been using IM for over 6 months and I have never had any problems with it. But recently my Dark Souls (1 2 and 3) stopped recognizing my controler (My camera keeps spinning and I can't move). I only have this problem with the souls franchise and any other game I play operate normaly... Sometimes the controller work and sometimes it doesn't. I have been able to finish dark souls yesterday and today I can't play it... I don't know what's causing the problem but I'm getting this message: "Warning:could not open DS4 84:17:66:D4:86:6D exclusively" could this be the problem?

Thank you in advance!

" 'Fear can be overcomed.' This is what experienced warriors tend to believe in. The 'rational fear' is kind. You can contain it with experience and strength of will. If you know your reason, you can delete it straight from the source. But the real fear has no cause because it is not an emotion,...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #2 by wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ash

3 years 9 months ago #3 by Moregaze
More than likely you have a phantom controller under "Devices and Printers" that is occupying slot one. Which often happens after you first sync a PS4 controller. The souls series will always look to that phantom controller first. Also if you have a Razer Tarturus or Orbweaver you will need to unplug it. As the thumbstick does the same.